Friday, August 14, 2009

Stitching Done

This is block 8 of Gail's free BOM. I have the sashing to put on but the stitching is finished.


I also just finished cutting off 4 pair of jeans to make my hubby shorts. He does not like the baggy shorts they sell in the stores. The cutting went okay because I made him try them on so I coud mark them the other day. It was the sewing that was a nightmare. I broke 2 needles which never happens and then I had to hand turn the machine over the seams because I did not have another jeans needle. At least they are done and he should be happy. I always cut both sides of the flat felt seam the length of the first half that I am turning up and leave the tip stick out so I only have 2 layers of seams to go through. I never have this much trouble. I am glad he does not have any more to cut off right now.

3 comments:

  1. Good job getting Noel done! I can't believe there's only one more block to stitch in this BOM!! I'm going to miss it when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block. Too bad you had such a hard time with the jean shorts. I usually use a large needle 14-16 jeans but before I start to sew I always press very hard the seams and set my machine for heavy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping bye to say thank you for entering my giveaway. Good luck to you in the drawing.

    I have received your gifts. Now I am thinking what to make with them. Thank you so much, Tudy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.