Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another Update On John

Saturday, October 10, 2009

What a day
Let me start by saying I'm just about too tired to type tonight. We had lots of things going on today in our "normal" life besides going to the hospital this afternoon. I was glad I could take my MIL up to see John, but naturally it was very hard on her. It might have been easier if he had still been sleeping though because he was very agitated. Yes, they took the tube out but because it was in for so long his throat is raw and he can barely whisper. And they're still bringing him off the heavy pain meds so he is still partly out of it even though he's more awake than he has been in the past 12 days. He does remember the accident but of course he has no clue where he's at or how long he's been there. I told him what I could and the nurse said she'd told him several times already. But because he's still dopey, he doesn't really comprehend much right now.


So I'm hoping that things will be a bit more settled tomorrow when I take the kids up to see him. He doesn't believe me when I tell him he's going to be OK, but maybe he will tomorrow or maybe he'll believe the kids if they tell him that. I'm just hoping that tomorrow will be a better day for him than today was .

3 comments:

  1. Tudy, Thanks for the updates you've given. I've just been reading your posts about the accident and I'm so sorry that it happened. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that he seems to be getting better everyday, what an adjustment for the whole family. Thanks for the updates, and my prayers will certainly be with all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like progress. I'm sure it's not as fast as you would like, but still progress.
    ((Hugs)) to you, Tudy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.