Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2 Finishes

This is a simple knitted scarf I started awhile back and then put it aside. I got it out yesterday and finished the last few inches and the fringe. It is a very soft yarn and will make a gift for someone someday. It was a keep the hands busy project.

I saw this pattern on Dawn's blog done with a smaller thread. I loved the pattern so I ask her where she got it and she said it was from a book called
Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman.
I got it from my local library and had to try it with yarn to see how it worked up. The flower is crocheted so it stands up from the block. It is hard to see in this picture. Go to Dawn's blog to see her picture of it. The little pillow is 6" but the finished size is 7 ". I just love the way it came out and can see it made with more rounds to make it a larger pillow with the flower in the center. It was an easy project. I just made a regular granny square for the back with the same number of rows and stitches.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my, but you guys have had some snow and cold. I love the lacy curtain look, but am sure it doesn't feel as good as it looks.

    The crochet pillow is so sweet and I am sure that the lovely scarf will come in handy about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute yarn work. Love the color of the scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.