Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Win and New Doily

I won the Jan. Feb. prize for the OPAM group that is listed on my side bar.  It arrived today from Peg.  I got a neat counted cross bookmark kit and some floss and a thread catcher.  I love them and have the cross stitch about 1/3 done.

 Yesterday I decided I needed a lavender doily for under my wooden tray in the bathroom.  So I sat down and made one.  It is a pineapple pattern.  Here it is blocked and spray starched.  I let it dry and when it did not dry fast enough I placed a fan so it would blow in it to hurry up the drying.  This picture is right after I sprayed it so it looks a lot darker.

Here it is placed under the wooden tray.  I am now happy with the way the counter looks.  Everything in this arrangement was found in my home.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win! The doily looks great! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thread catcher, just what you need for putting in all your snipped ends. What a lovely doily too, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tudy thanks so much for being an OPAMer....love your doilies..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.