Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fair Time Again

We went to the Wayne Co. fair today and it was a beautiful day for it.  We always go on opening day, Saturday to watch the horse pull.  This is heavy with pictures and some are blurry, sorry for that but the crowd kept bumping into me as I was trying to take them.  Here goes.  It was a little foggy when we left this morning but it was so neat.




Miniature horses, mom and baby.




Black sheep.







These are Terry's neighbors goats.


Opening service was held here.


Something to make us all stop and be thankful for.


I think the John Deere corn hold board is Emily's but I could not see her name because of the board in front of it.


The horse pull at the start.  These are the light weights and the winner pulled 9000 pounds if I remember right.  They are all beautiful horses and some are worked all year hauling logs out of woods.




These are the blurry pictures.  Sorry.


This quilt is made up of very small squares about 1 or 1 1/2 inches finished.




4 comments:

  1. Yep, that was Emily's board. I think it looks cool! Glad you had a good day! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good day. I didn't realise they had quilts and stitching there too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a beautiful day! I wish I could have come but am very happy to have seen your photos..they are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are great. I enjoyed them. I plan to go Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.