Friday, March 27, 2009

Sewing Expo and Quilt Fabric

Yesterday my cousin and I went to the Sewing Expo at the IX Center in Cleveland. I thought it was very good. They had a lot of new venders and many different types of sewing products and methods of doing projects. I got so many ideas I am not sure I can remember them all. They did not allow cameras, sorry.

After we left there we went shopping at Old Time Pottery which is not just pottery but anything you can imagine and walked for a long time. There prices are very low.

Then we came back to Jo Ann's Fabrics in Medina to find some fabric to go with the pattern strip fabric I bought last month in Charm. I still have to go through my stash to see what I can add to these fabrics. The dark tan is for outside sashing and I plan on making block strips to go between the pattern strips. How do you think they go together? I could not find any thing near the watering can color but that is okay.

3 comments:

  1. Your fabrics look great! Maybe you could just cut squares or rectangles or something to piece together for the rows between the print fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fabrics you have chosen go well with the panel. I think that print is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tudy,
    This is going to be a beautiful quilt. Sometimes the simpler the better when you have such a print.
    On garment sewing, I would rather sew something from scratch than mend.
    Keep Stitchen'
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.