Friday, March 13, 2009

Stitched Magnet

I belong to a Birthday Club which is in with my Ornament Swap Group and wanted to make a few small things for each member. Since postage is so high I decided to make things that would ship at a lower cost in an envelope. This is one of the things I decided to make. It is a stitched piece which I did. My daughter Terry gave me several ideas on what I could do with it and this is what I decided on doing. It is about 3 x 4 1/2 inches in size. I cut a piece of felt and put them together with blanket stitch the same color as the flowers. I then stuck a magnet on the back. I think they will all love it. They will also get a quilted zippered bag to put in their purse and a quilted Water bottle cover with a handle. I made all of them myself. They are made of pre-quilted fabric. I think I posted them back when I made them. It should make a nice Birthday gift.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I can't wait to see the rest of them! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely, a great way for finishing a great piece of stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the flower stitchery...very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.