Friday, June 11, 2010

Start of a Quilt and High Water

This is the fabric I am going to use for a quilt for a very good friend. I had the print and bought the blue to go with it. I will be starting it soon I hope.

This is a closer look at the fabric. What do you think of it?

We were at our daughter Terry's on Wed. and the bottom land near her home has usually been planted by now. It does flood when we get a lot of rain which we have lately. I have seen a lot more water here before. This location is called Funk Bottom by the locals. These are 2 Herons I think. One in flight and one wading at the bottom of the picture. Click to enlarge it so you can see it better.

This is another Heron wading and looking for food.

A larger view of all the water. Terry lives down the road to the right from the white factory in the left of this picture.

There is a well in the far top of the water that is usually on dry land.

Just a different view of the high water.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the blue fabric!! I take it you took the scenic route home! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print on the blue fabric is lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.