Monday, July 5, 2010

Playing with Grandmother's Flower Garden

I have always wanted to try a Grandmother's Flower Garden block. This morning I found a tutorial on the web, by doing a Google search for it. I saved the templet and then inlarged it in my card program. I then printed it on card stock 12 to a sheet. I then cut them out and cut squares of fabric. The next step was to baste them at the corners. Then sew them in rows and then sew the rows together. I think it came out okay but it was a lot of hand sewing. Now I need to decide what color background to use and what to make it into. Maybe a pillow cover or a tote bag. If you have any other ideas let me know.

7 comments:

  1. I could never work as precisely as you would have to do to make this work!!! I bow to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hexagons! That's another thing on my list to make one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just playing with some hexagons myself they look great......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Tudy! I like the idea of a pillow cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.