Saturday, October 2, 2010

Acorns and Wrist Warmers

If you follow my blog you have heard me talk of all the squirrels we have. We have gray and black. We also have several oak trees and some of you saw the big one earlier on my blog. Well I also have one that hangs over the back of our mobile home, which has a metal roof. The acorns have dropped on it for several months now. To start with the squirrels would drop the little ones but then they started dropping on their own and with the squirrels help. It sounds like a gun going off when they hit the roof. Thank heaven it is from dawn to dusk and not all night. Here are some pictures of the ground by my home where they have eaten a few. Notice how many there are in a small area. Click the picture to see it better.
Three more wrist warmers. The center one is a dark blue-green color.

Four more wrist warmers. The one on the right is really black and do I hate to work with black but it was ordered by a friend, so I made them.

6 comments:

  1. You have been as busy as those squirrels! It's a good thing that you both take the nights off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend has a sunroom on the back of her house, with a metal roof, and the squirrels do that same thing there. It's really bad when you're trying to use the rotary cutter and they drop one and scare you half to death.
    Love the wrist warmers - Midge at Soggibottom knitted me two pair, oh they are heaven sent! My hands just ache with the cold but not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son would have everything black given half the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo you have in your heading! So cute!
    Lovely wristwarmers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, golly, Tudy ... I'd be jumping out of my skin! Love your wrist bracelets ... getting to this time of year!

    Hope you are doing well!
    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to thank you for visiting Happy Snappy. Autumn greetings from Finland and Scotland, and say "hi" to Terry from us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.