Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Finish, Hexies and New/Used Loveseat

This is the couch throw I made for my DIL Terri.  It is the project with the thick yarn and Q hook.  She decided this was as big as she wanted it because the yarn does not go far and is pricey.  I love the way it looks and it was different making it with the big hook.


These are some hexies that Terry got as a kit awhile back and I offered to do them for her because I love to do them.  It is relaxing for me to do hand work.  I am doing them by the paper piecing method, I printed and cutout the 60 pieces to do them on.  Not sure how she wants them put together yet but this is only half of them, there are 60 here. Not sure on centers yet either.


This was used by our son and when hubby's recliner died he offered this to us.  It replaces the recliner and a very uncomfortable old chair.  Makes the room look very different.  It will take some getting used to.  Both ends recline individually.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing the hexies for me! It will be so nice to have them made up into something! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will look forward to seeing what Terry does with the hexies. Love the colours in the couch throw. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ripple effect on the throw. Those hexagons are going to make something very cheerful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.