Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Flowers and Chicken and Dumplings

Here are the newest flowers to bloom.  Hubby took the pictures because it is so hot and humid that I am staying indoors with the A/C on.  These are of our Trumpet Vine.




These are the Rose of Sharon that we moved beside the new barn earlier this year.  They are doing great.



What is left of a pot of chicken and dumplings we had for supper.  We did the chicken in the crock pot this morning and had a sandwich from it at lunch and then picked the rest of it off the bones.  Put it and the broth in the fridge.  For supper I put it in a pan and added some water and chicken base to it and then used Jiffy Mix and made dumplings from their recipe.  Boy were they light and fluffy and so good.  At least one more meal out of it.


4 comments:

  1. Supper looks good! The trumpet vines and rose of sharon are so pretty right now! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colour on the trumpet vine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are looking great in spite of the heat.

    I love chicken and dumplings. Yours look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love chicken and dumplings it has been ages since I have that yummmmy.
    Love your TV and your ROS they are just gorgeous...I have some great lilies that are coming out right now and hydrangeas. but it is so hot waterin I think will not be enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.