Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snow and Wind Again and Goodnight Irene

About 7:45 PM last night the snow and very strong winds started and it was still doing it this morning.  Hubby went out to use the snow blower to clear the sidewalks and driveway.  It is the kind you have to push through the snow.  We had well over 8 inches of new snow.  Also some very high drifts. The cultivator in the lower part of this picture has about 18 inch wheels and you can't see much of them.  The sun came out and it is now 40 F. degrees.


One of the non-drifted areas.


Cleaning out the wheels.


Up to the engine in snow.


My layout for my Goodnight Irene quilt sew along with Terry, except I can't wait all those months to finish it.  I still have the pieced borders to put on.  What do you think?  I am loving it.  Thanks to Terry for helping me pick out the fabric from my stash and cutting out the pieces.  She is such a great daughter.


5 comments:

  1. Your quilt blocks look great! It's going to look even better once the border blocks are laid out too! Have fun putting it all together! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt layout and colours are gorgeous Tudy. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful, and you've made good progress with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Goodnight Irene looks great!!! Terry is a great daughter.

    That's a lot of snow. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is A LOT of snow. Where is his hat? LOL

    I didn't realize the fabric for our Goodnight Irene was from your stash! That is great. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visting my blog and leaving a comment.